Application Deadline: 1st September 2023
Application link: https://forms.monday.com/forms/573bdb26b26cfa062ed13303deb70c9b?r=use1
The European Cabins of Culture project will present a diverse programme of art and cultural experiences at tourist cabins and other hiking destinations. The aim is to spread the experiences throughout Nordland, and to offer an extra experience for those who like hiking, as well as draw people out into nature to experience something completely out of the ordinary. We want ideas and concepts in all imaginable expressions and formats. The projects must be able to be presented in relatively inaccessible places. Some productions will travel on tour from cabin to cabin, while other activities may be site-specific.
Several projects will form a focused programme along the entire length of Nordlandruta* in August 2024. The aim of the open calls is to create an interesting programme in spectacular nature. It should contribute to strengthening the cultural offer in Nordland and ensure residents throughout the county experience being part of Bodø2024 European Capital of Culture, both as audience and as participants. "
- The event must take place at a tourist cabin or other hiking destination in Nordland.
- The event will be free and open to everyone.
- Applications cannot be made to fund ordinary operating costs.
- It is possible to apply for support for projects to be carried out at several tourist cabins/sites.
- The project/event must have a dedicated organiser responsible for health, environment, and safety.
- All events must take the environment and climate into account, and organisers must do what they can to ensure that the environmental footprint is as small as possible. We must take care of Northern Norway and our planet!
(The Nordlandsruta is a hiking trail stretching 650km between Bjørnfjell in the north and Børgefjell in the south. You will find more information about the trail here (in English): https://nordlandsruta.dnt.no/a-hiking-route-through-alpine-landscape-/)